equest a q
Key Things to Know
- Only registered buyers can request quotes from suppliers.
- A buyer may request a quote for up to 4 products (from up to 4 suppliers) simultaneously.
- Buyer’s payment is handled by TLM. A supplier may request payout after confirmation that the shipping terms have been met. Payout methods include:
- Hard check – free to the supplier
- Wire transfer – TLM pays outgoing fee, the supplier pays incoming fee
- Paypal – supplier is responsible for all paypal fees
- It is your responsibility to understand and act in accordance with all agreed shipping/finance terms.
- A record of the entire quote process - including all information, status changes, payments, messages, and attachments – will be saved in your supplier dashboard.
The Quote Process
A video tutorial of this process is available here.
- After logging in to his/her TLM account, a buyer will find the desired product(s) and click the Request Quote
- Buyers will complete the initial quote request form. Key fields include product, quantity, need by date, and shipping location.
- TLM will review the request and then forward it to the supplier(s).
- Suppliers will be notified via email a new request for quote has been received and instructed to login to their supplier dashboard where they can accept/deny the request for quote.
- If you deny the request for quote, the process is complete.
- If you accept the quote, you then nsert the cost (product, shipping, and tax), delivery date, financial & shipping terms, notes and any attachments.
- Buyers will then review the Supplier’s quote. The buyer can message the supplier if more information is needed, decline the quote, or make a full payment.
- If a payment is made, TLM will confirm the funds were received and then notify the supplier to fulfill the order.
- The supplier will be notified via email a payment has been received and instructed to fulfill & ship the order. Once shipped, suppliers must login to their supplier dashboard, mark the quote as shipped and insert the courier name, tracking number, and any additional shipping information.
- Once the shipping terms have been met, the buyer will confirm delivery of the order. This indicates the quote is complete and the supplier can then request payout.